Thursday, May 30, 2013

the magic trio

one makeup item I could never live without would hands down be mascara. without it, my lashes are thin, light and sometimes look nonexistent. as beauty obsessors such as ourselves we are constantly looking for that 'perfect' product that combines everything we want in one tube: volume, length, color, ect. 




unfortunately i'm not here today to tell you that i've miraculously found that magic ONE, but I have found THREE that when combined together give my lashes a stunning finished look:
L'Oreal Voluminous Carbon Black
a cult favorite! this mascara is definitely good for giving my lashes volume especially when I apply multiple layers. depending on the overall effect I'm going for I will either apply this as a base then layer another mascara on top, or use this as a final touch to really give my lashes some 'oomph'!

YSL BabyDoll 
this is my first ever YSL mascara and thanks to Sephora I was able to get my paws on it early courtesy of my V.I.B status. the first thing I noticed about this mascara before even applying any, is the scent! if you're a regular YSL junkie then you already know that all of their products smell gorgeous!
I adore this mascara because my lashes look natural but more defined and longer. this definitely isn't a volumizing  mascara so to achieve the look I wear daily, I need to add a volumizing one on top.

CoverGirl Lash Blast Volume 
 and last but certainly not least.. another cult favorite! I've been using this mascara for years and it is one of my absolute favorites. it makes my lashes look extremely bold and dramatic which is perfect for me since my natural lashes are puny and dull. the only problem is that to achieve the 'bold and beautiful' look you have to apply layer upon layer of product! i've found layering this mascara once or twice on top of another mascara (like my Voluminous) gives the desired effect without as much layering.

phew.. long post! hope you ladies enjoyed reading about my favorite mascara's :) 
what are your favorites? 
xoxo

9 comments:

  1. Ooo I've been meaning to try the loreal one! I'm a big fan of benefit they're real! Lovely post honey! X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg, you hit the nail on the head with the YSL scent, I bought my first lipstick from debenhams the other day and just fell in love with the scent.
    I think it smells like champaign and 1920's glamour!
    lol

    KewTeePye

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that Lash Blast wand looks AMAZING! I love the sound of all three if these, especially the YSL Babydoll ❤ xx

    www.MissMakeupMagpie.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been using L'oreal Voluminous for years! It does wonders to the lashes. However, I never found CoverGirl mascara all that great. Glad you like it though.
    Beauty Fashion Skin Care Blog - Girlie Blog Seattle | Cheap Makeup Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ive heard that you should use more than one mascara instead of trying to find a multipurpose one, but I guess Ive been a tad to lazy up until now! I think after reading this though I might have to try. Definatly going to look out for the YSL one xx
    http://heroineinheels.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE voluminous! My favourite mascara by far xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been debating if I should try out the YSL BabyDoll Mascara for some time now, sounds like I would get out quite well with it, you may have just talked me into giving it ago. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing! I need a new mascara!

    www.myladyboudoir.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely loving this post! I am obsessed with mascara too and can't help but layer it on and use lots of different ones to give myself big volumous lashes haha. Been dying to try Covergirl products for ages now...so can't wait till i'm in the US to take a peek...the Lash Blast Mascara is deffinitely one i cannot wait to get my hands on :D

    Sophia Meola | A Fashion, Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

    xx

    ReplyDelete