Wednesday, July 10, 2013

most used makeup brushes


makeup brushes are the one accessory all us beauty bloggers have in common. there are countless brands and countless styles of makeup brushes out there for us to use so finding one that does everything you want it to do is a tiny victory for us, right?! one thing i've found through using different brushes and brands is that the more expensive it is, doesn't necessarily mean it's the best!


case and point: all of my most used face brushes are by Real Techniques (which i'm sure you've all heard of) hehe. to apply my foundation i use the stippling brush which works way better than a regular foundation brush in my opinion. every foundation i've ever applied using this brush goes on evenly without streaking and always looks flawless! for blush i always reach for the blush brush which is so big and fluffy and applies my blush perfectly! i've noticed i don't need to use as much product with this brush since it packs on quite a good amount. i only use this brush for regular powder blush though, and use a little kabuki brush for cream ones. and finally for setting powder i use the cleverly named powder brush which also packs on a good amount of product so you don't need to use much.  so overall, i adore these brushes even though they're a 'drugstore' brand. they work better than any of the high end brushes i've used, plus they are super cute and colorful!


now onto eye brushes.. i may be the only beauty blogger that hardly ever wears eyeshadow unless i'm going out or if the occasion calls for it. i used to lovee wearing eyeshadow and experiment with different looks but i've become extra lazy apparently :(
but on the days that i do wear eyeshadow these brushes are the ones i reach for! i use the MAC 239 to pack on eyeshadow to the lid, the MAC 219 to fill in my crease and the MAC 224 to blend. pretty simple and straight forward really :)

what are your most used makeup brushes? 
xoxo

11 comments:

  1. I've been meaning to buy Real Techniques brushes. Everyone's been posting about how good they are.

    Lovely blog!

    http://rebeccaalicee1.blogspot.co.uk/ xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got my first set of Real Techniques brushes the other week and I adore them! The quality is so much better than my previous cheap brushes. I am even going to put all the other sets/brushes on a wishlist!

    I've followed you :)

    Millie x

    http://hidbeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cant stop buying the Real Techniques brushes, its starting to be a bit of a problem lol. I love the expert face brush for foundation and I like the stippling brush for cream blushers. I love how versatile they are so you can use them in so many different ways. I have got my eye on the limited edition duo fiber set next...somebody stop me please!

    Nicki x
    www.nickisnicknackery.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post lovely! Seriously don't know how i would cope without my makeup brushes now haha, literally live by the Real Techniques range and my beloved MAC ones :D

    MAC 217
    MAC 239
    MAC 130
    MAC 168
    RT Stippling Brush
    RT Contour Brush
    RT Blush Brush

    Sophia Meola | A Fashion, Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I use my RT blush brush everyday, it's great :)

    Hayley
    Water Painted Dreams
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do love Real Technique brushes! my favourite of theirs has to be the stippling, expert face and buffing brushes! i do want to try a mac eye brush as well, they appear to be amazing!

    Victoria

    Victoria's Vanity Case

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am desperate to get some Real Techniques brushes, I must splash out on some I feel like I'm missing out on all the fun! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've got so many real techniques brushes now that they are coming out of my eyeballs - love them!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Real Techniques are my absolute favourite :) x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I use a stippling brush too for foundation! Thought I was the only one, it just blends so much better!

    Great blog by the way sweetie!

    Belle x
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really like me real techniques too, also have a few from Coastal Scents that I use everyday! xx

    ReplyDelete